Best Kids STEM Shows In Hulu, Netflix, Amazon Prime & TV
My son used to spend his entire time watching cartoons. I wanted to distract him from it. But nothing more interesting than cartoons came to my mind. I read an article the next day, featuring STEM shows for kids. It stated the importance of such shows for children. I had then planned to do the same thing for my son. But I still didn’t know about the best STEM shows. The article also mentioned the ‘WeAreTeachersHelpline’. Here, teachers share informative activities for classroom learning. They had ideas on some of the best STEM shows for children. On browsing the helpline link, I came across some of them. However, I figured out a few more.
Before I list down the stem shows, I want parents to know what it is. Some of us might not know its importance.
Stem stands for science, technology, engineering, and math. These shows prepare the children for the future by adding skillful content. The show content makes learning easier through the visuals.
Children get a practical example of what they learn theoretically.
Best Netflix STEM shows
An obvious question can be if they allow browsing Netflix in schools. I had a talk about this with some teachers. They said that their school promotes the offline download feature. They block online access. The same is the case in most schools. During class hours, kids get to watch the shows. The following is the list of some of the best Netflix stem shows.
- Abstract-The show is a documentary on some efficient designers and photographers. Children get inspiration from the creativity of the show characters. The educational documentary is a good source of creative learning for kids.
- Our planet– The show states the danger we humans are imposing on Earth. Children as the viewers will get to know the serious call of animals and birds.
- Living on one dollar– The show features two students visiting a new place. They live one day on a dollar. The show helps children understand what extreme poverty means.
- Bill Nye Saves the world– This is a talk show by the popular explorer. He explores various scientific topics like the weather. Climate. Video games. Space. And more. Children come across science applications in real life.
- Carmen Sandiego– The show features a popular game series. The character has been used to make it a fun learning for kids. Carmen now tries to thwart the evil in the show.
- The boy who harnessed the wind-This is the story of a boy staying in a small village. It is a real-life story of the boy who saved his village by inventing a windmill.
- Wild China-This a documentary about the wildlife of China. The young minds get to learn a lot from the documentary.
- Life– David Attenborough narrates the show about life on earth. Children get to learn many things from the series. They also develop an interest in such a concept.
- A girl like her– The movie is about suicides because of bullying. Kids must seek parental permission before watching this.
- Ask the story bots– Children are more exciting than the bot. At the end of the video, there is a celebrity appearance. This adds more fun to it.
- Super why-The show solves the issues of reading effectively. Children of elementary school age are best suited for this.
- Octanauts– The concept of oceans is very vast. To make it effective for kids, the episode is the best one. Children learn the top ocean concepts from the show.
- The magic school bus– Kids often find it difficult to learn science concepts. The show brings a solution to this. While watching children learn science skills. Based on fiction, the show teaches important science concepts to kids.
- Sid the science kid– Observation skills are very important for a science student. The show tells kids how to make a sharp and keen observation.
- Brainchild– The show answers all the common questions kids ask. These are the common science questions that kids ought to know.
- The who was show– It is based on a popular book series. The show sates varied personalities from history. These great people have made a mark with their works.
- Brain games-The show let children understand the logic behind games. Logic can solve even complex games. Children develop logical thinking with this.
- Planet earth-Geography might be boring with textbooks. The show makes it fun to learn geographical concepts.
- Encounters at the end of the world– the movie is an academy nominated documentary. It features the South Pole and lets students tour around.
- Departures– This documentary is about two friends crisscrossing the globe.
- Explained-The show explains various science concepts in less than 20 minutes for kids. It makes it more informative than books for kids. Small tricks can help students with research work.
Best Hulu STEM show for kids
Hulu comes with streaming shows for kids. These shows develop big ideas in kids. They not only learn the concepts but apply them. The following is the list of some best stem shows for kids.
- March of the penguins– It is the greatest documentary ever. The movie let kids get a look at the interior of Antarctica. They learn the climate, temperature and more about it. Kids also learn the habitat of penguins and other ice creatures.
- To the arctic-The documentary is a fiction of a polar bear following its mother. They travel the Arctic wilderness. The movie states the animal point of viewing nature.
- Survivor man-The movie features a wild genius, Les Stroud. The show teaches us the nature and life in it. It suits all the ages.
- What on earth-Kids learn different phenomenons of the earth. Starting from coded tree patterns in China to the satellite concepts, a child gets the correct knowledge.
- Bizzare Foods with Andrew– From basic to advanced kids learn different cuisines. The show teaches kids different ways to cook.
- Mythbusters– The series has made science a fun to learn topic for kids. It tells kids that a degree is no good without experiments. Kids learn innovation and creativity from the show.
- Stargate SG1– This show has made the scientific concepts easy for children. Even the complex ideas have become simpler with this. It is based on the star trek original series.
- Under the sea– The show lets kids explore what’s beneath the sea. It also suits preschool kids.
- NasaX– Children get a taste of astronomy. Starting from the basic to advanced children learn the contributions of such organisation in space.
- 5-Levels– The show educates kids on the 5 science levels. Technology. Lifestyle. Math. And more. Kids even learn a few things on coding.
- Ancient top 10– Children learn about the top 10 ancient inventions. They get a good taste of the evolution of science.
- America’s cutest-This show features science and technology. It is good for adults and kids both.
- Dead men talking-The show is an autopsy special one. Children get to know a new concept through this.
- Naked and afraid– Children learn how to manage themselves in remote areas. The show tells how one can feed themselves in a remote area.
Best amazon prime STEM shows for kids
- Harry the bunny-The amazon prime show is about the bunny and its adventure. Kids learn some skills from an adventure point of view.
- Tumble leaf-Kids will have an exploration journey when they watch this. They will learn about islands and its creatures.
- Wild kratts– The show features animals and the danger they possess in the real world.
- Children of the world– Give your kids a glimpse of other countries. Children learn about the culture and lifestyles of other parts.
- Wordgirl– Let your kids boost their vocabulary. This show teaches kids about the correct usage of words.
- Animal encyclopedia-If your kids are animal obsessed then this is the correct show. Let your kids learn more about animals.
- Dino Dana– The series is about a nine-year-old character. Dino learns about dinosaurs now and then.
- Wow, I never knew that– the show tells about the history of random things. Children know most of the surrounding things. But they don’t know the history behind it.
- Horrible histories-The show provides some amazing historical facts to students.
- The long, long holiday– Two characters go to the French countryside. After WWII, their dada joins them. Kids will learn a lot about wars from this.
- Ocean mysteries– From what lives within oceans to types of oceans, kids learn everything.
- Xploration DIY sci-Kids learn about DIY ideas. They also learn about smart life hacks.
- Popular mechanics for kids– Children will learn the mechanics behind machines. From rides to the roller coaster, they get to know the mechanics behind these.
- Annedroids– The show is about scientist Anne and her friends. They solve real-life problems in their laboratory. Kids learn about daily science ideas from this.
- Frontline– The series features of the current events. Children stay updated with this.
Best Tv stem shows for kids
- Blazer and monster machine– It teaches the stem concepts to kids by smart visuals The show involves fictitious characters. While following the storyline, kids learn the stem concept.
- Doki– The show is best suited for kids and toddlers. It features the adventure genre. Kids learn about nature and science.
- Earth to luna–Children develops curiosity while watching this. They learn a lot about space and astronomy.
- Dragonfly TV-This show has made science fun to learn the subject for kids.
- Crash! Bang! Splash!- Includes crazy science ideas. Students will have an amazing time learning new ideas of daily life.
- Scigirls– The smart series will awaken a kid’s interest in science and maths.
- Xploration Earth 2050– Technology has the power to change the future. Kids learn how powerful technology can be.
- None of the above-It is a science-themed show that features big stunts. Every stunt involves a scientific concept in it.
- Cosmos: A spacetime odyssey-This is an updated series of the Sagan classic. Children learn about the elements of space.
- NOVA– It is all about the stellar science series. It best suits the curious young minds.
- What could go wrong?- It lets children think about the mistakes made in an experiment. They also get to know about rectifying the mistakes.
- Explorer-Lists all the discoveries deeply involved in science.
- First people– The show features clues about human evolution. Right from the first aquatic species to a human being, the whole idea is featured here.
- How humans are you– Children learn the concept of mating and aggression. How a human produces another human is also being explained.
- Breakthrough– The show features fascinating concepts on science. Children learn and remember it best through the visuals.
All the above shows are rated 12+. These shows are the best alternatives to cartoons. I have engaged my son in watching each of these. I ask him to brief what he has learned. I can see the logic, creativity and scientific ideas developing in him. I hope that these shows prove useful to every child.